Recruitment and Staffing
Recruitment consultancies are constantly responding to the changing demands of today’s workplace, where specialist skill requirements, flexible working practices and employment regulations combine with economic drivers to create a dynamic environment in which only those with the right business model and strategy will thrive.
Recruiting firms in the specialist and contracting markets need to build a sustainable position in the marketplace and develop flexible business models that facilitate growth while optimizing efficiency. L.E.K. helps recruiters identify and evaluate opportunities for growth through acquisition and new service development, drawing on our sector experience and both primary and secondary research to develop a detailed picture of market dynamics, customer buying strategies and external factors that may influence performance.
Key questions and challenges
As we help clients keep ahead of the challenges, we suggest they ask several key questions:
- What is the most effective strategy for establishing a scalable business in a new market sector?
- How do I make my business model more responsive to the needs of my clients?
- How do I build a sustainable position in my market?
- Where should I invest for growth?
- How should I structure my business to grow internationally?
Examples of our work
L.E.K. has added value to client organizations in areas such as:
- Completing an acquisition screening for a global staffing provider that had decided to acquire an existing player as it moved from its purely contractor-based business into regular temporary staffing
- Assessing the sustainability of a dominant national online job marketplace by analyzing the key market drivers, including the maturity of online migration, the role of social networking sites and the threat from new entrants
- Advising an international recruitment firm on the potential for expansion into Asian markets