L.E.K. Consulting is the leading global advisor to the packaging sector, with hundreds of projects completed around the world. We understand the packaging market across the entire value chain — from raw material suppliers and compounders to equipment and form, fill and seal (FFS) suppliers to converters to brand owners — and we are an ideal partner for companies seeking to grow or invest successfully in this sector.
We have broad packaging experience working for leaders in the sector. We help clients around the globe grow and invest successfully, focusing on M&A support services, growth strategy development, post-merger integration, operational improvement and market evaluation work. For example, we help clients develop customized strategies that increase share and capitalize on new markets and market segments.
Meet L.E.K.’s Packaging Practice
Thilo Henkes, Managing Director and Head of L.E.K.’s Packaging practice, discusses the Paper & Packaging industry landscape and how we’re uniquely positioned to help companies take advantage of the sector’s strong growth characteristics.
Highlights From the 2022 Future of Packaging Conference
Co-hosted by L.E.K. and Smithers, The Future of Packaging is the premier event in North America dedicated to providing timely, insightful content to the C-suite and investors in the packaging industry. Take a look at highlights from our most recent event, held in April of 2022. We look forward to seeing you there next year!
Roundtable Sustainability Series: The Packaging Industry
The shift to sustainable packaging is already underway, much of it driven by brand owners’ ambitious goals. Three leaders in L.E.K.’s Paper & Packaging practice break down the opportunities and challenges of this innovative segment of the packaging industry.
The Future of Packaging Virtual Conference ― Innovation in Packaging Panel
From digital printing to enhanced safety features, innovations are transforming the nature of packaging. Four packaging experts help sort through these advances in this panel discussion from the virtual Future of Packaging Conference.
The Future of Packaging Virtual Conference ― Recycling in Packaging Panel
How are converters and other packaging value chain participants addressing a U.S. recycling system that’s in crisis? Panelists from our virtual Future of Packaging Conference discuss the ongoing challenges, areas for investment and opportunities for improving this highly complex system.
Our deep expertise is shaped by our extensive project portfolio across the full spectrum of packaging sectors, including:
- Primary and secondary packaging
- Rigid and flexible packaging
- Substrates (plastic, paper, metal, glass, etc.) and recycled/sustainable packaging substrates (PLA, degradable molded fiber, etc.)
- Packaging products (caps and closures, labels, bottles, pouches, induction seals, etc.)
- Equipment (FFS equipment, injection molding, blow molding, thermoforming, extrusion, lamination equipment, hot runners, molds, consumable products, etc.)
- Value chain participants (raw material suppliers, graphic designers, printers, etc.)
- Packaging used in specific end markets (medical device packaging, pharmaceutical packaging, personal care packaging, cosmetics packaging, etc.)
Key questions and challenges
Our experienced professionals have a deep understanding of key issues faced by our clients, for example:
- What are key strategic packaging trends affecting specific sectors, and how can we take advantage of these trends to increase growth and profitability?
- How is the value chain changing, and what are the implications for channel participants?
- What are attractive sectors to invest in (e.g., where is there material conversion, where is innovation driving margin, what geographies/sectors have desirable demand characteristics)?