In a challenging environment where continued concept proliferation has given consumers countless choices and fragmented their spending, winning in the restaurant sector requires standing out and truly connecting with consumers on a level that builds differential loyalty. To achieve this, our leaders and experts work with clients to design and implement strategic programs based on market insight and in-depth analytics. We have a strong track record of creating significant value for our clients in both their company-owned and franchised operations, resulting in comp sales and average unit volume (AUV) growth, improved efficiencies and cost reduction, and higher returns on capital.
Key questions and challenges
Our experienced professionals have a deep understanding of marketplace dynamics and issues facing restaurants. Some of the areas where our clients are turning to us for guidance include the following:
- How do we keep our concept fresh and relevant in today’s competitive marketplace?
- How can we drive growth among key consumer segments, such as Millennials, baby boomers and Gen Z?
- How can we better manage our pricing and promotional strategies to mitigate margin pressure while still conveying a positive value perception?
- How do we evolve our marketing mix to align with consumers’ changing purchase criteria and how they consume media? Is a loyalty program right for us?
- What is the best deployment of capital, given strategic priorities and target return levels?
- How can we better work with our franchise base to be as productive as possible?
- What is the opportunity for incremental store growth within existing and new markets (domestic and international)? What is the right strategy to realize this growth and mitigate the inherent risks?
COVID-19 Impact on the Foodservice Industry Part I — the Great Channel Divergence
The coronavirus crisis has created disruption of unprecedented scale for the food and beverage industry, and the impact on foodservice and grocery retail could not be more divergent.
COVID-19 in the US: Consumer Insights for Businesses — Edition 1, Part 2
In this update to our recent Consumer Insights Series, we provide new findings about declines in U.S. consumer income and “new normal” spending levels post-outbreak.
COVID-19 in the US: Consumer Insights for Businesses
The coronavirus crisis has thrown us into uncharted economic territory. Still, one thing is certain: Consumer behaviors are changing significantly.