L.E.K. supports companies across the industrial and professional services sectors, including equipment rental, environmental consultancy, testing and inspection, and legal services, providing strategic and operational expertise that enables them to achieve their growth objectives. By applying deep industry experience, rigorous research and probing analysis, we provide the insights that enable our clients to resolve their most complex business problems.
How we help
Our experienced sector teams facilitate the strategy development process by working through the essential questions at the heart of any project, including:
- Resolving how to optimize the delivery of services and maximize asset utilization
- Evaluating where to focus investments and the most effective way to expand into new geographies
- Assessing how to respond to new regulations and their effect on market dynamics and the competitive landscape
- Determining what new added-value service offerings will be most attractive to the existing customer base
- Analyzing adjacent market opportunities for existing service offerings
We help management teams and investors create greater shareholder value through operational excellence. Our support includes optimizing asset utilization through deep network analysis, developing growth strategies, analyzing product portfolio strategy, informing new product development, maximizing sales force effectiveness, and facilitating acquisition or divestment.
Examples of our work
Examples of industrial and professional services engagements include:
- For a private equity firm, completing a commercial vendor due diligence analysis to support the sales process of a leading environmental consultancy.
- On behalf of another private equity client, conducting a commercial due diligence review of the leading global firm of business consultants. The work principally focused on a review of the firm’s core markets and competitive position and an assessment of management projections.
- For a leading global provider of testing, inspection and certification services, providing commercial due diligence for the acquisition of a global provider of vendor inspection and manpower services for the oil and gas industry.