Maximizing the efforts of Independent Business Owners (IBOs) / distributors / sales representatives, adjusting to shifting market penetration patterns, and refining product development are just some of the challenges facing direct selling companies today.
Through years of detailed work with some of the largest direct selling and multilevel marketing organizations, L.E.K. Consulting has built a profound understanding of how to optimize business models in the space. We apply deep industry expertise and worldwide resources to help clients design and activate strategic programs. Our services include generating insights into the market landscape and underlying trends, prioritizing new geographies and market segments, assisting with the delicate balance of selling products or services through traditional and nontraditional mechanisms, multichannel optimization, IBO incentives and management, pricing, and more.
Key questions and challenges
Our experienced professionals have a deep understanding of direct sellers’ evolving business challenges in today’s marketplace. Some of the questions we typically address include:
- How well are IBOs performing in their own businesses and what can I do to maximize their potential for success?
- How do I innovate my product/service and opportunity offer to be relevant to the next generation of IBOs?
- What products and services should I consider adding to my IBO pipeline?
- How well are we performing in recruitment given incremental options available in the gig economy? Are we reaching saturation in any given geography or market segment? What do we need to do to extend our runway?
- How well does my existing compensation plan match my evolving business objectives? How motivating is it for my IBOs? What can I do to optimize it?
- How should we think about (and potentially prioritize) growth outside our core markets?
COVID-19 in the US: Consumer Insights for Businesses — Edition 1, Part 2
In this update to our recent Consumer Insights Series, we provide new findings about declines in U.S. consumer income and “new normal” spending levels post-outbreak.
COVID-19 in the US: Consumer Insights for Businesses
The coronavirus crisis has thrown us into uncharted economic territory. Still, one thing is certain: Consumer behaviors are changing significantly.