April 21, 2017 — Philadelphia, PA
Event: ACG Philadelphia: April Breakfast Briefing 2017: Industry Vertical Roundtables: Manufacturing, Healthcare, Consumer Products
L.E.K. Managing Director Chris Randall will moderate the Consumer Products panel, which will address the following questions:
- How can retailers and brands create meaningful differentiation and successfully grow in an environment where consumers demand brand specialization and mega-brands are rapidly losing relevance?
- What innovative strategies are allowing consumer businesses to maximize value creation in a rapidly evolving distribution landscape?
- Is the strategic role of M&A to defend against competitive threats or enable growth? What factors are most important in determining success of a deal and a strategic or financial partnership?
- What operational changes are being explored as a result of regulation shifts that may dramatically change the cost structure of consumer businesses including import costs and rising labor costs?
- Chris Randall, Managing Director, L.E.K. Consulting (moderator)
- Nick Bayer, CEO, Saxbys
- Tim Blurton, CEO, Hyper Pet
- Scott Evans, Managing Partner, Guardian Capital
- Grant Smuts, VP of Corporate Development, QVC
Date/Location: April 21, 2017 - Union League of Philadelphia - 140 S. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Time: 8:00 a.m. — 9:30 p.m.
About Chris Randall:
Chris Randall is a Managing Director and Partner in L.E.K. Consulting’s Boston office. He is focused in the Retail & Consumer Products sectors, advising clients on a range of critical strategic issues including growth strategy, retail format and network strategy, brand and marketing strategy, e-commerce strategy, international expansion, and mergers & acquisitions. Chris joined L.E.K. in 2005 as an Associate and then re-joined the firm in 2007 after working in Stop & Shop’s internal strategy group. His experience extends into many sectors including footwear and apparel, food and beverage and consumer durables. He holds a Bachelor of Science with Honors from the Carroll School of Management, Boston College.
About ACG Philadelphia
The Philadelphia Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) is the leading network for middle market M&A professionals focused on facilitating relationships valuable in sourcing and successfully completing transactions, educating dealmakers on trends and best practices and promoting awareness of our vibrant dealmaking community. ACG Philadelphia hosts high-quality educational programs as well as deal-generating networking events, which include monthly breakfast briefings, corporate-only roundtables, private equity workshops, young dealmakers' and womens' events, and ACG University along with the annual members golf out and flagship M&A East Conference attended by more than 1,300 executives from across the country.
About L.E.K. Consulting:
L.E.K. Consulting is a global management consulting firm that uses deep industry expertise and rigorous analysis to help business leaders achieve practical results with real impact. We are uncompromising in our approach to helping clients consistently make better decisions, deliver improved business performance and create greater shareholder returns. The firm advises and supports global companies that are leaders in their industries — including the largest private and public sector organizations, private equity firms and emerging entrepreneurial businesses. Founded more than 30 years ago, L.E.K. employs more than 1,200 professionals across the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe. For more information, go to www.lek.com.