Boston, MA — September 22, 2016 — L.E.K. Consulting is among the 10 best management consulting firms to work for, according to the newly released 2017 Vault ranking of the top 50 consulting firms in North America (the Vault Consulting 50).
L.E.K. was rated highly by employees and ranked particularly high in terms of the firm’s overall business outlook and the international opportunities it offers its professionals.
“We are grateful for this notable ranking and attribute it to our highly valued clients, who entrust us to help them meet significant and complex business challenges, and to our people, who stand out by virtue of their dedication, intellectual curiosity and rigor,” said Peter McKelvey, President of L.E.K. Consulting’s Americas region. “This distinguished recognition validates the career experience and opportunities at L.E.K. through the firm’s Careers with Impact programs and initiatives.”
Vault is a provider of information and career advice to professionals in the consulting industry. The Vault’s ranking is based on employee responses regarding firm culture, quality of life, career development, compensation and business outlook. The 2017 Consulting 50 is based on a survey of 17,000 consultants.
Here is what employees said about L.E.K.:
- "L.E.K.'s greatest asset is its people. Colleagues provide immense support to individuals at all levels of the organization and, by working side by side with smart and driven people, L.E.K. employees find constant opportunities for professional development."
- "L.E.K.'s SWAP program (a six month exchange to a domestic or international office) is a highly unique and advantageous career development opportunity. Associates have the opportunity to travel and work abroad, cross-pollinating ideas and best practices across offices."
- "We are smaller than other top firms, and associates build personal relationships with upper management almost immediately. L.E.K. offers the feel and culture of a start-up, but with the resources and opportunities of a large, global firm."
- "At L.E.K. the best training comes on the job, from your peers. Luckily at L.E.K. we have a smart, thoughtful group of people that care about the development of others and the firm. L.E.K. is a place where your team, peer group, and neighbor sitting next to you are all willing to teach and guide."
- "L.E.K. is experiencing rapid and sustained growth across all of its practices with no signs of stopping. One of the biggest challenges is to hire enough associates to keep up with the rate at which we are selling projects."
Recently, L.E.K. Consulting was recognized in an MBA survey published on the Poets&Quants website. The survey compiled self-reported job satisfaction and cultural data from more than 1,500 current and recently graduated MBAs working full time or interning at 32 companies. In two of the four survey categories, L.E.K. received the highest consulting firm rating on the dimensions of “Firm Culture” and “Would you recommend the firm to a friend?”
L.E.K. Consulting was also recognized by Consulting Magazine as one of the 2016 Best Firms to work for in the magazine’s annual survey.
About L.E.K. Consulting
L.E.K. Consulting is a global management consulting firm that uses deep industry expertise and rigorous analysis to help business leaders achieve practical results with real impact. We are uncompromising in our approach to helping clients consistently make better decisions, deliver improved business performance and create greater shareholder returns. The firm advises and supports global companies that are leaders in their industries — including the largest private and public sector organizations, private equity firms and emerging entrepreneurial businesses. Founded more than 30 years ago, L.E.K. employs more than 1,200 professionals across the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe. For more information, go to www.lek.com.