For strategic change to be successful, it is necessary to consider its impact across the full breadth of the organization. Leadership, capabilities, structural interfaces, decision-making and talent management must be designed to enable strategy in an integrated manner. At the same time, ensuring your organization has the capacity for change is critical to embedding a lasting transformation.
So the board just approved your new strategy, but you have yet to see any real traction. Or maybe the company’s year-old digital transformation is not progressing as planned. This may be because your organization is hindering, rather than supporting, your strategy.
Classic symptoms of organizational ineffectiveness
You can’t manage what you don’t measure. If you are uncertain about your organization’s performance, it’s probably because you don’t know what’s going on, and if you don’t know what’s going on, you probably have a problem.
Our Organizational Excellence (OEX) Diagnostic Tool provides a fast cycle assessment of existing organizational performance through a structured online or app-based survey.
L.E.K. organizational excellence (OEX) framework
The data-rich output allows for rapid identification of organizational issues, and we use it as a foundation for many organizational strategy interventions.
OEX allows clients to:
- Identify key issues and friction points within their organization
- Set in motion the transformation effort
- Build a quantified fact base to mobilize support for required changes
- Establish a baseline against which progress can be measured
We have extensive experience in supporting strategic change and ensuring organizations are set up to support the new strategy. Our consultants work with businesses to develop practicable corrective actions, using our strategy activation capabilities to ensure a smooth transition.
Examples of our work
To learn more about how we help our clients, please refer to these case examples:
- Created a new organizational strategy for a FTSE 100 engineering business, including decision rights, accountabilities and a transformation plan. Read more
- For a leading global manufacturer of professional-grade equipment, designed and supported the implementation of a customer-centric organization to help unlock sales growth potential. Read more