Background and Challenge
A building products manufacturer wanted to evaluate its strategic options regarding existing and new potential routes to market.
Approach and Recommendations
- Development of business model disruption with hypotheses based on market experience and peer comparison
- End-customer segmentation and needs assessment within various channels and geographies
- Channel impact assessment to determine the relative importance, risks and customer dynamics within established routes to market
- L.E.K. delivered an overall solution containing a prioritized set of strategies to undertake as well as an assessment of factors and capabilities required for successful execution of strategies
- We also provided the client with a comprehensive business rollout and implementation plan in specific U.S. regional areas
This case demonstrates our expertise in regional customer needs and drivers, value-chain dynamics, and channel strategy in the North American building products market.