November 14-16, 2017 — Boston, MA
Event: 13th Annual Personalized Medicine Conference
Panel Session: Models for the Development of Personalized Medicine Diagnostics
Pharmaceutical and diagnostics companies have responded to a host of complex scientific, regulatory and reimbursement challenges partly by developing innovative partnership models around companion diagnostics. This panel discussion will feature representatives from the pharmaceutical and diagnostics industries, who will discuss the challenges partnerships have helped industry overcome as well as the obstacles that continue to inhibit the development of the diagnostic tools upon which personalized medicine depends.
- Alex Vadas, Ph.D. Managing Director, L.E.K. Consulting
- Nicholas C. Dracopoli, Ph.D., Vice President, Head, Oncology Diagnostics, Janssen Research & Development LLC, Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
- Joydeep Goswami, Ph.D., M.B.A., M.S., President, Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing, Oncology, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Jacob S. Van Naarden, Chief Business Officer, Loxo Oncology
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Time: 10:05 am — 10:35 am
About Alex Vadas
Alexander Vadas, Ph.D., is a Managing Director and Partner in L.E.K. Consulting’s Biopharmaceuticals & Life Sciences practice. He joined L.E.K. in 2000 and focuses on diagnostics, research tools and personalized medicine. Within those areas, Dr. Vadas has worked with a range of established and emerging clients in the areas of corporate strategy, product strategy and planning and transaction support. Dr. Vadas received both his Bachelor of Science and Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees in chemical engineering from the University of California, Los Angeles.
About Personalized Medicine Coalition
The Personalized Medicine Coalition (PMC), representing innovators, scientists, patients, providers and payers, promotes the understanding and adoption of personalized medicine concepts, services and products to benefit patients and the health system. Recognizing that a paradigm shift in medicine will not happen just because the science suggests it should, the Coalition’s members have identified key priorities in education and advocacy, which include:
- Educating the health care workforce and patients about personalized medicine’s potential to improve health outcomes and lower costs
- Educating policymakers about the potential of personalized medicine to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the health care system
- Uncovering the challenges to the clinical adoption of personalized medicine and outlining solutions to those challenges
- Promoting public policies that encourage investment in personalized approaches to care
- Devising a regulatory framework that accelerates the development of personalized medicine products
- Promoting reimbursement policies that will encourage the use of personalized medicine products in practice
About L.E.K. Consulting
L.E.K. Consulting is a global management consulting firm that uses deep industry expertise and rigorous analysis to help business leaders achieve practical results with real impact. We are uncompromising in our approach to helping clients consistently make better decisions, deliver improved business performance and create greater shareholder returns. The firm advises and supports global companies that are leaders in their industries — including the largest private and public sector organizations, private equity firms and emerging entrepreneurial businesses. Founded in 1983, L.E.K. employs more than 1,200 professionals across the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe. For more information, go to www.lek.com.