Legal Ops and Tech
From macro shifts such as the move toward globalization, to sector-specific trends such as the use of automation and alternative fee arrangements, the legal services and legal technology sector is undergoing disruption — and generating opportunities — on multiple levels. The disruption is being felt across all modes and market segments, up and down the value chain.
How we help
L.E.K. Consulting works with clients in legal services, legal operations and legal tech to help navigate a changing market and make critical investment decisions. We apply our extensive experience across law firm workflow and legal software to inform clients on optimizing their business and major corporations on optimizing their legal spend, and to perform due diligence investigations for transactions for legal compliance, court reporting and eDiscovery solutions businesses.
Our sector specialists have a deep understanding of the key business challenges across the legal sector, where we regularly address the following:
- How to size the potential for international expansion and new market entry?
- What is the best strategy to adopt to support business efficiency and deliver growth?
- How to position the company for growth in a complex market with many moving parts?
- How to organize to improve operational performance?
- How to stay on top of — and best leverage — technological advances?
- What potential commercial disruption risks does the current deposition model present?
Examples of our work
To learn more about our legal project experience, please refer to these case examples:
- Performed a commercial due diligence of a leading eDiscovery solutions provider, with a focus on understanding the market and competitive dynamics within the eDiscovery landscape (including pricing risk, relativity risk, competitive dynamics, etc.)
- Developed a vertical expansion strategy for a leading compliance management platform serving the legal market
- Created adjacency strategy for a legal software company to identify the size of and opportunity in the different software subsegments
- Assessed the commercial and growth prospects for a leading legal technology focused on back-office operations
- Performed multiple projects for the leading online information services platform used by law firms and corporate law departments, including conducting multiple pricing projects, analyzing growth prospects, and creating competitive takeaway strategies and expansion strategies for underpenetrated segments