NEW YORK, NY (September 28, 2021) – Seramount (formerly Working Mother Media) revealed its annual list of the 2021 100 Best Companies today, representing almost four million employees in the United States. This year’s winners are focusing on inclusive benefits for families, including paid gender-neutral parental leave, backup childcare, and how these organizations supported their employees throughout COVID-19. L.E.K. Consulting was among the 100 companies that earned a spot on this year’s list.
“It is gratifying to be recognized by Seramount and included in the 100 Best Companies list for the fifth consecutive year,” said Robert Rourke, President of L.E.K. Consulting’s Americas region. “We understand the difficulties of raising a family while pursuing a demanding career, especially during extraordinary times like these. Our people – and our commitment to them – remain our top priority, and we work to create programs and benefits that truly support our working parents.”
“Working parents and caregivers have had to shoulder so much responsibility throughout the pandemic, and our 100 Best Companies continue to offer support through their generous programs and benefits,” says Subha V. Barry, President of Seramount. “These companies have made the needs of their employees a priority, and we celebrate their commitment to creating an inclusive workplace culture where this critical talent pool can thrive.”
Key findings from the 2021100 Best Companies:
- Companies continue to move toward gender-neutral parental leave: 88 percent of this year’s winners offer fully paid, gender-neutral parental leave compared to 67 percent of winners a year ago.
- Ninety-one percent of winning companies offer backup childcare in centers, while 79 percent offer backup childcare in the home.
This year Seramount added specific questions about how organizations helped parents and caretakers with time off, flexible hours, and other benefits during COVID-19. There is a significant difference between the responses of companies that made the list and those that didn’t, showcasing how the 100 Best Companies pivoted to help working families.
- Seventy-eight percent of winning companies increased mental-health coverage for employees and/or dependents as a result of COVID-19 (compared to 47 percent of non-winners).
- Sixty-five percent of winning companies allowed employees to hire and pay any new caregivers (not part of the company-supported network) because of COVID-19 (compared to 25 percent of non-winners), and 63 percent increased childcare reimbursements because of COVID-19 (compared to 29 percent of non-winners).
- Seventy-three percent of winning companies gave employees extra time off in 2020 because of COVID-19 (compared to 67 percent of non-winners).
- Fifty-nine percent of winning companies increased health insurance coverage for employees and/or dependents as a result of COVID-19 (compared to 40 percent of non-winners).
- Eighty-seven percent of winning companies trained managers in best practices for managing staff remotely (compared to 77 percent of non-winners).
ABOUT THE METHODOLOGY
The 2021 Seramount 100 Best Companies application includes more than 400 questions related to leave policies, workforce representation, benefits, childcare, advancement programs, flexibility, and more. It surveys the availability and usage of these programs, as well as the accountability of the many managers who oversee them. The names of applicants that do not make the list are kept confidential. Company profiles and data come from submitted applications and reflect 2020 data.
ABOUT L.E.K. CONSULTING
L.E.K. Consulting is a global management consulting firm that uses deep industry expertise and rigorous analysis to help business leaders achieve practical results with real impact. We are uncompromising in our approach to helping clients consistently make better decisions, deliver improved business performance and create greater shareholder returns. The firm advises and supports global companies that are leaders in their industries – including the largest private- and public-sector organizations, private equity firms, and emerging entrepreneurial businesses. Founded in 1983, L.E.K. employs more than 1,600 professionals across the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe. For more information, go to www.lek.com
Seramount, now part of EAB, is a strategic professional services firm dedicated to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. Over four decades, partnering with some of the most iconic companies in the world, we’ve built a deep, data-driven understanding of the employee experience, which lays the groundwork for everything we do. Our comprehensive DE&I toolkit includes actionable research and insights, membership, strategic guidance and consulting, and inspiring events, meeting each client’s needs no matter where they are on their journey and guiding them along an ever-changing landscape. Seramount has empowered over 450 organizations to realize the business benefits of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Learn more at seramount.com.
Michael-Jon Romano, Allison+Partners, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stefanie McNamara, email@example.com