Boston, MA – May 31, 2011 – Inspire, Inc.,a nonprofit organization that provides management consulting services to other nonprofit organizations that work to enrich the lives of school-age children and their communities, today announced the appointment of its 2011-2012 Executive Committee. Inspire is run by a volunteer staff of junior consultants from Bain & Company, The Monitor Group, The Parthenon Group and L.E.K. Consulting.
Each year, Inspire members elect new national leadership to run the organization and oversee its 15 offices nationwide. Individual Inspire offices also appoint office leaders to coordinate and support management consulting projects for Inspire’s nonprofit clients. All national and local leaders also gather at an annual Summit to transition and share best practices from year to year. Since the organization was founded in 1998 (incorporated in 1999), Inspire has served more than 100 nonprofit organizations, including KIPP Dallas and City of Dreams. The organization primarily serves the following metro areas: Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco.
“I am honored to be part of Inspire’s leadership team and look forward to collaborating with my colleagues to continue the organization’s heritage of service,” said Karen Kauffman, Executive Director, Inspire. “Personally, I’ve found it very rewarding to provide our nonprofit clients with additional tools and insights to reach their goals and make an even bigger impact in their communities.”
Inspire’s 2011-2012 Executive Committee follows:
- Karen Kauffman – Executive Director: Karen previously served as the PR Head and a case team member in Inspire's L.E.K. Consulting Boston office, where she developed a new initiative for profiling Inspire Volunteers and benchmarked a youth development program's online presence against that of comparable NPOs. She is an Associate in L.E.K. Consulting's Boston office, and she holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in History summa cum laudefrom Boston College and received a Fulbright fellowship to Germany.
- Allison Silverstein – National Client Development Director: Allison is a second-year Associate at Inspire's L.E.K. Consulting New York office. Prior to joining Inspire's Executive Committee, Allison served as both a case team member and as a case team leader for two Inspire projects serving youth education client organizations. Allison holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration.
- Jennifer Rybak – National Finance Director: Jennifer has served as a case team member in Inspire's Bain New York office, co-headed office participation for Inspire's New York fundraiser, and is currently focused on national finances. She is an Associate Consultant with Bain & Company in the firm's New York office and a graduate of Amherst College with Bachelor of Arts degrees in Mathematics and Economics.
- Brad Allen – National Growth Director: Brad has served as a case team member and leader in Inspire's Bain New York office prior to joining the national committee. He is an Associate Consultant with Bain & Company in the firm's New York office and a graduate of Penn State University with Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering. Before joining Bain, Brad taught high school chemistry and physics as a member in Teach For America's NYC region.
- Ursina Beerli – National Operation Director: Ursina takes on her new role as Operations Director after extensive casework with Inspire since 2008. Most recently, Ursina led a team working with a New York-based nonprofit focusing on outdoor programs for city children to measure their impact on participants beyond their summer programs. Ursina is an Associate Consultant in Bain & Company’s New York office and graduated magna cum laudefrom the Huntsman Program in International Studies & Business at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Chris White – National PR Director: Chris previously served as Office Head and Client Development Head at Inspire's Parthenon Boston office. During his tenure, his activities included leading a project to help develop and inform the outreach strategy for a Massachusetts-based high school focused on students with language-based learning disabilities. He is a Principal in Parthenon's Boston office, and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Politics cum laudefrom Princeton University.
- Erin Buchman – National Knowledge Management & Technology Director: Erin previously served as a case team member at Inspire's Bain Dallas office, where she benchmarked local and national museums, and for-profit competitors as part of an education growth strategy project for a prominent Dallas museum. She is an Associate Consultant in Bain & Company's Dallas office, and she holds a Bachelor of Business Administration and a Bachelor of Arts from The University of Texas at Austin.
About Inspire, Inc.
Inspire is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that provides management consulting strategies, tools and techniques to help other organizations make a greater social impact and achieve breakthrough results. Inspire brings strategic thinking and results-oriented analysis to nonprofit organizations dedicated to the education, development and well-being of school-aged children. In serving its clients, it seeks to create meaningful professional development opportunities for its volunteers, and provide its partner firms with a vehicle for positive community engagement. Inspire is run by a volunteer staff of junior consultants from Bain & Company, The Monitor Group, The Parthenon Group and L.E.K. Consulting. For more information, please visit our web site at www.inspire-inc.org.