How can you support women-owned businesses?
Greetings from San Francisco!
Today, I would like to share some tips for supporting women-owned businesses, with some specific ways to support women in the wine industry.
Part of supporting women’s empowerment means becoming educated about the companies you make purchases from, and consciously making a decision to support more women-owned businesses. With today’s vast options for purchasing decisions, the concept of “voting with your dollar” is increasingly important.
- Purchase products and services from women-owned companies in your region; some of my favorites include:
- Support women-owned brands beyond purchasing: write reviews, submit testimonials, engage on social media, and spread the word to friends and family
How can you support women in the wine industry?
Set a goal that your next glass of wine is from a woman-owned winery (San Francisco is only ~45 miles away from the Napa/Sonoma wine region)!
Women make up only 4% of winery owners overall, but there are many ongoing efforts to support the rise of women-owned wineries.
A few actions you can take to support women-owned wineries include:
- Researching women-owned wineries in your region
- Supporting black women-owned wineries
- Subscribing to a women-owned wine club
- Trying a sparkling organic tea from Sarilla, a woman-founded company with a great mission, if you don’t drink wine
Thanks for your attention; I hope you’ll consider supporting women with your next glass of wine!