- 执行创造价值的交易：我们被认为是工业交易支持方面的领导者，每年参与超过 100 项工业领域的交易，覆盖交易周期的各个阶段。我们协助企业客户和财务投资者制定并购策略，开展商业尽职调查，制定价值创造计划，实施并购后的整合，以及通过卖方尽职调查帮助企业出售进行定位。
- 协同评估。某经营水暖产品、暖通空调设备、供水系统和工业管道、阀门和管件的领先分销商期望开拓在设施维护、维修和运营 (MRO) 市场的竞争力，因此委托 L.E.K.咨询对与某领先设施 MRO 产品供应商之间的潜在协同效应进行了评估。我们设计了一套框架来评估双方资产在成本（采购、基础设施/物流、销售与管理费用 (SG&A)、营运资本）和收入（市场结构、电子商务）上的协同效应，并确定了高出目前股价可能的交易价格。
- 销售团队有效性。美国某领先的电气设备分销商业务增长缓慢、利润率下降、销售队伍生产力高低不一，因此试图改变其商业方式，以提高销量和利润率。L.E.K.对客户各业务的终端市场和行业动态进行了评估，绘制客户优先次序示意图，并通过将销售团队从以产品为中心到提供增值解决方案转变，使销售资源得到更有策略的使用。我们识别出的机会估计能将整体毛利率提高 5% 以上，而当前业绩不佳的销售代表毛利润预计提高30%。
- 数字化转型：一家总部位于英国的领先原始设备制造商 (OEM) 委托L.E.K.进行对标分析并评估通用电气公司 (GE) 工业物联网所带来的竞争威胁。我们向客户提供了通用电气在软件方面的投资状况，以及由此反映出其在服务业务中分化与维持利润率的方法上所采取的根本性战略转变。在绘制对客户业务的潜在影响的示意图之后，L.E.K.就企业如何在不断变化的技术市场环境中进行竞争提供了战略建议。
The European Contractor Survey 2022
The results from our latest European Contractor Survey reveal that sustainability is going mainstream as contractors increasingly pursue greener products and practices. Find out why contractors see sustainability as a key driver for growth.
For Packaging Industry, a Post-Pandemic Picture Begins to Emerge
While signs are encouraging, the packaging industry finds itself in complex circumstances that don’t easily translate to a “new normal.” Learn more about the state of the industry – and how best to shape near-term strategies — in L.E.K.’s fifth annual brand owner packaging study.
How Manufacturers Are Grappling With Supply Chains and Labor Shortages
Amid labor shortages and supply-chain snarls, manufacturers have made it work — even boosting productivity along the way. In this interactive report, L.E.K. and IndustryWeek reveal what manufacturers told us about weathering disruption and adapting to an uncertain, more digital future.
How we help
Large, mid-sized, and small industrial producers, manufacturers, distributors and service companies routinely engage us to:
- Define and execute growth strategy. We work closely with our clients to define and execute their strategic vision for long-term growth. From evaluating the attractiveness of adjacent market opportunities, to identifying new opportunities on the edge of their existing business model and capabilities, to enhancing the capital productivity of their assets, L.E.K. possesses a proven track record of helping our clients build winning strategies tailored to each unique situation.
- Execute value-creating deals. We are recognized as a leader in industrials deal support, and are engaged in over 100+ transactions in the industrials sector each year across the full transaction lifecycle. We assist corporate clients and financial sponsors in developing M&A strategies, conducting commercial due diligence, creating value creation plans, implementing post-merger integration and positioning companies for sale through sell-side vendor due diligence.
- Develop a more effective commercial model. We help our clients assess their value proposition and redefine their go-to-market approach and strategy. We possess the advanced analytics required to optimize branch/depot locations and SKU/service offerings, evaluate pricing strategies, benchmark performance to competitors, and ensure our clients’ sales forces are operating most effectively.
- Assess digital readiness and design technology-enabled strategies. We understand the digital transformation that is impacting our industrial clients, and we help them assess their readiness to compete in a more digitally focused world, through internal diagnostics and external benchmarking. We help create technology roadmaps that span the organization, from marketing and direct customer insights to channel management and new product development that allow our clients to transform their business and exploit the opportunities a digitally enabled world will create.
- Improve operational and organizational effectiveness. We work closely with our clients to optimize processes (supply chain management and operational performance), assess capabilities and best practices, and reconfigure organizational structures. Our work helps clients position their organization against core value drivers to deliver on strategic priorities and generate top- and bottom-line financial growth.
We have helped companies across industrial sectors drive profitable growth.
- Growth strategy. After a number of years of stagnant performance, the new CEO of a global leader in advanced materials technology asked L.E.K. to develop a transformational growth strategy. We developed a corporate growth strategy and then worked with each business unit to develop a cohesive strategy that aligned with the overall strategic vision of the company. The result: a potential 10% growth per annum and incremental EBITDA of £100/$135 million.
- Synergy assessment. A leading distributor of plumbing products, HVAC equipment, waterworks, and industrial pipes, valves and fittings was looking to expand its presence in the facilities maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) market, and asked L.E.K. to evaluate the potential synergies with a leading supplier of facilities MRO products. We developed a set of frameworks to evaluate the cost (sourcing, infrastructure/logistics, SG&A, working capital) and revenue (market structure, e-business) synergies for the asset, and determined the premium that could be paid above what the company was trading.
- Sales force effectiveness. A leading U.S. distributor of electrical equipment was experiencing slow growth, declining margins and mixed sales force productivity, and sought to transform its commercial approach to drive higher sales and margins. L.E.K. evaluated the performance of each of the client’s verticals and trends in each end market, to develop a customer prioritization map and more strategic deployment of sales resources by transitioning from a product-oriented sales team to a value-add solution provider. We identified opportunities estimated to provide overall improvement of more than 5% in gross margin, with low-performing sales representatives expected to improve gross margins by as much as 30%.
- Digital transformation. A leading U.K.-based OEM asked L.E.K. to benchmark and assess the competitive threat posed by GE’s Industrial Internet of Things. We provided the client with an overview of the investments GE has been making in software and of the fundamental strategic shift it represents in GE’s approach to differentiating and sustaining margin in its service business. After mapping the potential impact on the client’s business, L.E.K. provided strategic recommendations on how the business could compete in the evolving technological market landscape.
- Portfolio optimization. A leading explosives manufacturer and distributor possessed more than 2,000 SKUs, of which 30% were responsible for 80% of company profit and 30% were losing money. The client asked L.E.K. to assess which SKUs could be eliminated or repriced without leading to the loss of valuable product baskets. We used advanced data analytics to measure the strength of product bundling, to keep low-value SKUs with high-value associations in the portfolio while repricing or eliminating low-association, unprofitable SKUs.
- Advanced analytics. In the face of major profitability challenges, a leading construction contractor engaged L.E.K. to undertake a detailed diagnostic of its historical performance and plot a path to profitable growth. We deployed advanced analytics on the client’s project database and combined the results with an internal capability audit and an assessment of key market trends to provide the client with insight into the true drivers of its profitability for the first time. We identified and prioritized a suite of performance improvement initiatives that enabled the client to refocus its business and drive profitable growth.