Successful strategy requires an integrated set of choices and strong commitment to change across all levels of the organization. We help our clients make these strategic choices throughout the ‘Strategy Cascade’.
The L.E.K. Strategy Cascade
Our Strategy Activation work covers all or part of the cascade and typically focuses on:
- Defining new solutions to improve performance
- Building new capabilities to institutionalize the solutions
- Optimizing the organization to reach higher levels of efficiency and effectiveness
- Transforming the organization to drive execution and change
Our clients find our approach distinctive because of our simultaneous work across four key dimensions:
- Defining the Strategic Plan: Making the right strategic positioning and activation choices based on a rigorous assessment of a business's external environment and internal capabilities
- Securing Value Delivery: Defining clear financial goals, establishing accountabilities to deliver and setting up effective mechanisms to track value realization
- Building Organizational Capabilities: Assessing and improving the capability of the organization to execute through changes in structure, roles, skills, processes, resources, systems, etc.
- Generating Commitment to Change: Engaging upfront both decision-makers and future implementation leaders to foster real ownership of new strategy
Examples of Our Work
In recent Strategy Activation engagements, L.E.K. has successfully:
- Supported a leading global specialty chemical company in the development of a broad strategic transformation plan, including prioritization of growth opportunities and operational improvement initiatives that delivered a robust growth plan for a stagnating business, ultimately validated by a 50% share price premium when acquired
- Worked with a top three global food ingredients business to develop a new distribution strategy that increased focus on higher-value opportunities and migrated low-value customers to online channels
- Created a new organizational strategy for a FTSE 100 engineering business, including decision rights, accountabilities and a transformation plan
- Redesigned the global R&D organization of a leading global pharmaceutical company
- Redesigned global sales and marketing functions, as well as back-office and corporate support, for a leading packaging services company, as part of its acquisition of a competitor, to capture synergies and give the combined company an advantaged position to serve a global customer base
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.