Stay focused. Stick to your knitting. Go with what works. In today’s volatile economic environment, filled with uncertainty and sudden change, the forces pushing us to keep focused on the core business become extremely powerful. And, of course, profiting from the core is crucial. But the danger is, over-focus on the core can blind companies to the substantial opportunities for growth that are often hidden in plain sight, at the edge of the core business.
By adopting an Edge Strategy® mindset, your company is armed with a new way to think about profitable growth. The beauty of this powerful framework is that you don’t have to venture far outside your company’s comfort zone. Rather, you focus on the myriad opportunities that are latent to your business, and learn how to recognize and leverage these opportunities at the margins.
Edge Strategy services provides a disciplined, methodical approach to help your company grow its bottom line and create shareholder value by identifying and capitalizing on growth opportunities at the intersection of what you currently see as core and non-core to your business. It also takes existing infrastructure and makes it extendable in new markets – in a way that is less risky than traditional alternatives. As a result, you can add new sources of high-margin growth by investing less money with less risk for more immediate returns… and make your customers happier in the process.
We will help you identify and capitalize on three types of edge opportunities:
Product Edge. A benefit that’s realized by gauging the customer’s “value perimeter” specifically in relation to your products — and highlighting how incremental profits can be captured by altering the elements and composition of a core offering.
Customer Journey Edge. Here, you gauge the customer value perimeter in relation to the customer’s pursuit of his or her ultimate mission and assess how you can profit from adjusting your role in supporting this journey.
Enterprise Edge. Value is unlocked when assets, competencies and capabilities developed for your offering can be used in a different context, for a different offering or for a different set of customerss.
Examples of Our Work
Over the course of many Edge Strategy engagements, L.E.K. has successfully helped companies unlock opportunity across numerous industries. Some select examples include:
- Helped a leading automotive company generate more than $100 million in incremental profit through introducing and optimizing numerous ancillary service offerings (e.g., insurance, upgrades, etc.)
- Used Edge Strategy framework to help a major global insurance company identify acquisition targets with significant synergy potential
- Spearheaded the innovation behind a major airline’s transformative initiative to offer customers extra leg room while in flight, generating more than $75 million per year in incremental profit
- Helped a major consumer electronics retailer in the U.S. develop a series of new service offering to provide customers with optional installation and technical support services, thereby building a large, highly profitable business-within-the-business
- Worked with a leading telecoms provider to optimize its offering of value-added services and associated product bundling strategy
- Assisted a top hotel chain in unlocking edge opportunities to generate significant incremental revenue, improve customer satisfaction and reposition their brand
Please contact us at email@example.com for additional information.