L.E.K.’s approach is customized for each situation to determine the best strategy to meet the client’s goals. Our leaders have extensive expertise across therapeutic areas throughout the product lifecycle from development to commercialization to post-launch. We carefully evaluate key aspects including industry trends, market evolution and growth opportunities to make critical decisions around company strategy, portfolio planning, commercial approaches, international expansion, market access and more. We continually assist our clients to achieve the growth and value that they are seeking.
Our experienced professionals have a deep understanding of the key challenges that pharmaceutical and biotech companies are facing, and we encourage our clients to ask difficult but important questions such as:
- Where are the key geographic growth opportunities for our products and what should be our approach for executing any expansion?
- Based on our existing pipeline and expertise, what should be our focus going forward, and what should we do with any deprioritized programs?
- How will biosimilars affect our sales, and how should we plan to minimize the overall impact to our business?
- Given the continually evolving healthcare market, what changes do we need to make to our approach to pricing and reimbursement to maximize our value?
Examples of Our Work
To learn more about how we help clients create value in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors, please refer to these case examples:
- An American specialty pharmaceutical company believed that there was significant opportunity in Japan for a drug that was still in clinical trials. However, the company lacked a presence in Japan, and required a partner for market access and success. Company executives engaged L.E.K. Consulting to define the commercial potential in Japan and provide a fact base to support its partnership search and negotiations. As a result the company won a major licensing deal in Japan. Read More
- For more than 20 years L.E.K. Consulting has been a trusted advisor to a leading global biotechnology company in R&D, business development, strategic planning and global marketing. Among other key engagements, L.E.K. has assisted this client with geographic expansion and market-access strategies, franchise growth through M&A, and regulatory and product marketing support. L.E.K. has helped this client with important strategic and tactical decisions through most of its development. During this time, our client has grown from a small biotech start-up into a well-diversified, multi-billion dollar global market leader and is considered a benchmark of success in the biotech industry. Read More
- L.E.K. had a start-up client with access to a potentially transformational technology that had been demonstrated
in early trials to improve attention and ultimately educational outcomes. L.E.K. acted as a key commercialization partner, validating the demand for and value proposition of the product, guiding the cadence between a clinical and commercial product, projecting potential sales and assisting with positioning, pricing, channel and
- For a top-15 global pharmaceutical company, L.E.K. developed a comprehensive, transformational, winning strategy focused on a clear vision for the future, which fundamentally transformed the business for sustained and long-term value creation.
- L.E.K. transformed a global life- sciences company’s international sales and marketing organization, to reduce costs, increase sales productivity, and drive profitable growth.
- L.E.K. developed a best-in-class go-to-market commercial infrastructure, launch plan, and strategy for a leading biopharmaceutical company that had received positive clinical results for an innovative, breakthrough pharmaceutical product.
Please contact us at email@example.com for additional information.