The U.K. wealth and asset management market is experiencing significant changes with the implementation of the Retail Distribution Review (“RDR”) ; a growing demand for execution-only services; and the “baby-boomer” generation reaching retirement age. L.E.K. helps management teams identify growth opportunities and new service models by combing rigorous analysis and market feedback from our regular interactions with thought leaders in the marketplace.
L.E.K. has significant and long-standing expertise helping senior management teams in the wealth and asset management space address and solve the most critical strategic issues. In the rapidly changing market environment these include:
- How should providers change their routes to market in light of the changing distribution environment, in particular the implementation of the Retail Distribution Review and growing demand for execution-only business models?
- How will client needs evolve as a result of the financial crisis, implementation of the RDR and the generational shifts? What will be the winning business models?
- How can providers expand internationally? What changes need to be made to the existing service offering to be successful? And what are the preferred routes to market?
Examples of Our Work
In recent engagements, L.E.K. has assisted:
- A wealth management service provider in assessing international expansion opportunities to complement its leading U.K. business. The work was instrumental in supporting the allocation of growth capital to this part of the business.
- A trust services company in developing its five-year international expansion strategy, to take advantage of changing customer behaviors and deliver above-market growth. Our work underpinned the business plan and provided an objective assessment to the management team and shareholders.
- A U.K. asset management provider in acquiring the business from its parent company to maximize the inherent value of the business. A central part of the process involved identifying and quantifying national and international growth opportunities.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.